In this series, I am going to layout my approach to building an electrical safety program.
I will share the key components that I have found to be required for successful design, implementation, and constant improvement of an organization’s electrical safety program. The approach will focus on electrical safety for maintenance and construction staff in an industrial plant type setting.
This series will cover the following topics:
· The Team
· Electrical Safety Background and relevant Standards
· Facility Documentation
· Safe Work Practices and The Switching Order
· Job Hazard Analysis – Shock and Arc Flash Risk Assessments
· The Energized Electrical Work Permit
· Personal Protective Equipment
· Arc Flash Incident Energy Analysis and the Arc Flash Report